What the best way to repurpose your old charm bracelet? Are you looking for easy and fun ways of repurposing your old charm bracelets easily?
We can all agree that for most of us, charm bracelets are more than small trinkets; they are meaningful pieces of jewelry that often carry a lot of meaning for us, meaning that having a way of repurposing or restoring that old charm bracelet would be a great thing for you. It’s not always straightforward, though – you don’t always know what to do with that old charm bracelet, even when you are 100% sure that you wouldn’t want to get rid of it.
If you are confused about what to do with your old charm bracelet, read this article. In it, we’ll share insights into some of the things you could do with your old charm bracelet.
What To Do With Old Charm Bracelets?
Turning the old charm bracelets into cash
This is one of the things you could do with your old charm bracelets, especially if the bracelets are in great shape. So, if you have an old Pandora bracelet that you no longer wear, for example, selling it guarantees that you get something out of it and that you don’t just have it sitting around in a box somewhere.
But where can you sell the charm bracelet? Here are some of the best places to sell your old charm bracelets from:
- Sell the bracelets as scrap– this is the best and the easiest way of getting rid of the old charm bracelets, even with some of the charms missing or if they are damaged. If the charm bracelet is, for example, made of 925 sterling silver, 18k, or 14k gold, the piece will still be quite valuable regardless of the state it is in, which means that you’d get some good money if you sell the charm bracelets for scrap. Just find reputable stores or gold buying locations to sell the gold scrap bracelets from.
- Selling the bracelets on eBay– eBay boasts a huge space where you could sell all your jewelry, and if you need to dispose of your old charm bracelets, then eBay would be a good idea for you. All you need to do is to look out for any special makers or hallmark stamps on the charm bracelets to be able to determine the actual value of the bracelets and how much you should be getting for the pieces on eBay. Just be careful about who you are selling to, and follow the policies on the sale of jewelry on the site.
- Selling on Etsy– The other place you could sell your charm bracelet is on Etsy. This is an excellent marketplace for you if you are looking to sell that charm bracelet in parts. This is because Etsy is the leading site for crafters looking to sell and buy good quality pieces or parts of jewelry that are crafts-worthy – think crystals, chains, costume jewelry, pendants, beads, and other broken pieces.
- Selling on Craigslist– this is the other great place to sell your charm bracelets from. The only catch is that you’d have to be extra cautious when selling products on Craigslist, choosing to meet the buyer in a public place, accept cash only, and if you cannot do this, have the money held on escrow until the sale is finalized.
The other places you could sell your old charm bracelets include the local flea markets, local antique stores that attract actual vintage and antique collectors, or you could also try selling your old charm bracelets on TopHatter.
Repurpose the old charm bracelets
Selling the old charm bracelet is not the only thing that you could do with that beautiful old piece of jewelry; you may also choose to repurpose and put it to better use. Wondering where to start? Here are some of the best ideas for you to try:
- Dressing up bare accessories
You could easily transform that plain belt into something bigger and wonderful by dressing it up with some of the charms from the bracelet or even the chains. So, if you don’t know what to do with your boring belts or have old belts that have been sitting in the closet for years and you just don’t know what to do with them or how to deal with them, then you could easily dress them up using the old charm bracelets. You only need to glue the pieces onto the buckle, adding that much-needed pizzazz.
- Create Bookmarks using the charms
Any book lover will tell you that there is nothing better to them than the perfect bookmark. Unfortunately, the perfect bookmarks are often hard to come by, which means that you need to summon the deepest parts of your creative mind to curate something unique, and beautiful. In this case, you could use the charms from your old bracelets to come up with something unique, functional, and cheap. A perfect bejeweled bookmark also makes the perfect gift for any bookworm.
- Turn the bracelet into a necklace.
This might seem like an unlikely option or possibility, but with the right length chain paired with the charms from your charm bracelet, you could turn that charm bracelet into the unique necklace in your jewelry box.
- Christmas Ornaments
If you are looking for a cheap option for decorating this Christmas, or if you wish to make Christmas decoration all-inclusive for your entire family, trying a DIY project to create ornaments might be the best thing you try out. All you need is a set of unique ornaments and glue, and if you have old bracelets that you aren’t sure about or how to use, then the charms, beads, crystals, etc., would be the best basic things to use when creating new ornaments. You could also use the rest of the costume jewelry that you no longer wear to create the most beautiful festive tree as part of the most intricate project you get yourselves in.
- Reinvent your bangles or bracelets
If you have a gold or a brass cuff bracelet/ bangle, for example, you might want to try to reinvent the piece and make it look better and perhaps different. Well, you can do that easily by using parts and bits of your old charm bracelet to reinvent the cuff bracelet. You could even turn the cuff bracelet into a vintage piece with that nice cameo look.
- Create Gift Tags
The other way of repurposing your old charm bracelet would be using the charms as gift tags. If you like creating a personalized gift for your loved ones, then the gift tag would be an excellent idea for you. And though you could use just one charm from the bracelet, you also have the option of creating the gift card using more than one charm glued together, creating something meaningful and personal.
- Jewelry Magnets
This is a simpler way of repurposing your old charm bracelets while dressing up your office and kitchen. All you need for this is some of those old vintage jewelry pieces, then glue them to the magnet bases. You could use them at home or in the office (home office) on your bulletin board, for example.
If you aren’t sure about what to do with your old charm bracelets, the solutions above are some of the best that you could try out.