How are you accessorizing and showing up to your friend’s wedding? Suppose you are looking for ideas on this or have not found the right jewelry option to wear to the wedding as a wedding guest.
In that case, this article is an excellent place for you to start as it offers a simple but definitive guide with all the practical ideas on some of the best guest jewelry ideas that would look great on you. So, as you take time to plan out your outfit and accessories, here are some of the most fantastic ideas to try out.
What jewelry to wear to a wedding as a guest?
Whether you’re looking for a costume or formal jewelry for the wedding, fine jewelry, or statement pieces, the recommendations below will help guide you in the right direction. So, let’s get into it!
1. First, the Wedding Theme
The first important consideration to keep in mind when dressing or accessorizing for a wedding as a wedding guest would be the theme of the wedding. Here are some basic guides and considerations for wedding themes.
- Bohemian wedding– if you have been invited to a Bohemian wedding, you will be happy to know that this is one of the most relaxed wedding themes. You can easily pull off this look by wearing jewelry with dreamcatchers, feathers, or tassels.
- Fairytale Wedding Guest– If you’re attending a fairytale wedding, but you have been struggling to find the right wedding accessories, more importantly, looking for options that don’t look childish, then you can try different options, including the matching pieces; often in rose gold, white, and a lot of blush pinks.
- Modern Wedding Guest Accessories– if you’re dressing and accessorizing for a modern wedding, you’d want to create and go for the modern chic look. Think of options like plain sterling silver rings, gold drop earrings, stainless steel with black earrings or cufflinks, or a multi-stone chain bracelet. You need to go for simple, classy, and sophisticated pieces.
- Garden party wedding jewelry– we all love summer garden weddings, not just because everything looks fun and happy in the summer, but also because there are many other options in terms of outfits and accessories. Generally, you’d have to go for more of the floral pieces, including watches, earrings, necklaces, etc. You could also try out matching stud earrings.
- Nautical wedding jewelry– many other jewelry options are nautical-themed and will be perfect for the wedding and the high seas.
- Vintage or Art Deco Jewelry for wedding guests– If you need to accessorize right for the wedding and, more specifically, you’d love to channel your inner vintage spirit, you finally get to do that by wearing the best of the 1920s pieces that demonstrate glamor and the best of the vintage styles. These pieces also add a vintage charm, and they are the best way for you to accessorize your wedding efficiently. These often include pearl bracelets, drop earrings, and the art-deco-inspired long dangle drop earrings. The best part is that you could throw on some color, sparkle, and shine to the jewelry options.
Now that we have a comprehensive guide on what to expect, let’s look at some etiquette tips you should remember when accessing a wedding guest.
2. Avoid wearing statement pieces.
Generally, the wedding is an occasion for you to show up for your friends or the couple getting married, but this doesn’t mean that you should outshine the couple getting married.
And so, it is common courtesy to avoid anything that sticks out, letting the bride be the only one that gets to steal the show. So, while wearing some of the trendiest pieces, you also need to make sure that you don’t go overboard.
Smaller is always better. And so, to reiterate the point above, you need always to remember that less is more, and smaller pieces are always better and the preferable option to the bigger pieces when you’re dressing up to attend a wedding.
This means that you shouldn’t blast your flashiest earrings or necklaces. Instead, it would help if you opted for the more uncomplicated stud earrings like the diamond stud earrings, not to mention drop diamond earrings and the diamond pendant necklaces, and perhaps the diamond line or tennis bracelets.
3. Always wear high-quality jewelry.
When choosing the right accessories and jewelry that you are planning to wear for the wedding, you need to always think of wearing the best quality pieces that you can afford.
If you don’t have some fancy pieces in your jewelry collection, it might be time for you to invest in a few elegant pieces. So, while buying classic, elegant jewelry pieces will cost you some money, it is a worthy investment.
Think of buying pieces like a graduated diamond chain bracelet or necklace, a tennis bracelet, gold drop huggie earrings, tennis necklace, diamond, and gold hoop earrings, etc.
These pieces are all quite elegantly designed; they stand out but will not steal the show; they show your appreciation for good things and class, and the best part is that you will look your very best as a wedding guest.
The best-refined pieces you could try include diamonds and even pearls, especially if you are going for the black-tie wedding theme.
You never go wrong with pearls, and you can wear any pearl jewelry, including pearl earrings, pearl necklaces, etc.
Pearls make the classiest kind of jewelry that you can wear to weddings, and the best part is that they boast a high level of versatility.
The subtle design features and elements of pearls, and even the bright colors are all easy to play with, and you will be able to wear them with different kinds of outfits quickly, and these will all make you one of the classiest guests at the wedding.
5. Go for the classics
If you’re accessorizing for an unconventional wedding theme, there is a wide range of accessories that you could choose from, including traditional accessories, and these often look great at weddings.
Well, be careful not to overdo it. This means avoiding the chunky bracelets instead of sticking to smaller and subtler options like stud earrings and necklaces with small pendants.
As you choose the best jewelry options to wear, you should also think about the prints, details, textures, colors of your jewelry, and the colors of your outfits.
This is especially true when looking for the perfect, minimal jewelry to accessorize your outfits as a wedding guest quickly.
It is also important for you to keep in mind that you don’t need accessories for all kinds of outfits, and so, if you’re wearing a high-neck dress to the wedding, you wouldn’t need to throw on a necklace, and you could opt for a bracelet and earrings instead.
7. Mix and match styles
Depending on when the ceremony is scheduled, you could mix and match pieces depending on your style and the overall look you intend to achieve.
Generally, mixing sterling silver or pearls with stones or even gold will help create that alluring razzle-dazzle that will make you look just like the wedding guest.
Not sure which jewelry options to wear as a wedding guest? We hope that the tips above will guide you in the right direction. So, try it out!
Stephanie is a jewelry lover when she was a teenager. Her major was fashion design when she was in college. She is a jewelry designer at SOQ Jewelry and other design companies. Now she is also a writer for our website. She writes a lot of designs&brands posts with very actionable tips.