Can a single woman wear a diamond ring? This is perhaps one of the topics that have raised controversies across the globe. Regardless of the controversies, single women indeed can wear diamond rings as much as they would like to.
Traditionally, men used diamond rings to propose to their loved ones, but as time went by, unmarried women started wearing diamond rings as a sign of independence and luxury.
Also, diamond rings have become accessible and affordable, making it even easier for everyone to purchase them. Here are some tips on how single women can wear diamond rings without raising any eyebrows.
Can a single woman wear a diamond ring?
Yes, a single woman can wear all types of diamond rings. As mentioned earlier, men traditionally invested in diamond rings to give to the women they chose to marry. At the time, diamond rings strictly served as symbols of commitment, love and devotion to one’s significant other.
With time, Queen Mary, who was unmarried back then, started embracing the wearing of diamonds as a fashion statement. She was once photographed with a glamorous diamond ring, an act that was considered against societal norms at the time.
Since then, single and unmarried women slowly began embracing the culture of wearing exquisite diamond rings as fashion statements, symbols of luxury and fascinating timely pieces to match their sense of style.
In modern times, engagement rings have become a symbol of status for those who aren’t engaged or married. Sometimes, they signify that one has found their special partners and are looking to invest in that relationship henceforth.
Other times, some single women prefer to wear diamond rings to show the world that they are comfortable with their singlehood. Another category of women tends to wear engagement rings to show they are also looking for love, just like every other woman in the dating world.
Aside from that, there are also women who prefer to wear diamond rings on their right hand to accessorize their outfit. All in all, single women tend to wear diamond rings so long as it aligns with their individual jewelry preferences.
The Significance of Diamond Rings for Women
For the longest time, diamond rings have been considered a symbol of glamor and glitz. Along with that, they signify love and commitment to your partner and can be worn by both men and.
Sometimes, people wear diamond rings to hint that they are engaged, while some women wear diamond rings as wedding bands. Besides that, several people hold the assumption that diamond rings are symbols of wealth, artistic qualities, and even a happy marital life.
Some also wear diamonds to improve their beauty and overall confidence and sometimes enhance their wealth. There is also the belief that wearing diamonds brings good luck to the wearer.
Why a single woman should wear a diamond?
Despite the multiple controversies that come with a single woman wearing diamond rings, there are several benefits of wearing them. Some of these include;
- Diamond rings are versatile enough to wear on either the left or the right hand. It doesn’t always have to signify engagement. Instead, you can wear it to accessorize your favorite outfits or as a personalized sentimental piece.
- If you aren’t searching for any suitors and are completely comfortable with your singlehood, a diamond ring might just be the best way to show that love isn’t your thing right now. On the other side of the spectrum, it can signify that there may be someone special in your life, but it isn’t official yet.
- Wearing a diamond ring when single also gives you a rough idea of the type of ring you may want when the time of your engagement comes. Put simply, it allows you to freely acquaint with your jewelry preferences, so that you can choose the right one.
- An authentic and dazzling diamond ring is often a great way to celebrate any upcoming special occasion in style. It allows you to show up, show out, and it definitely raises your confidence to where it needs to be.
- Diamond rings can be quite affordable, even for the single women. It is easy to come across brilliant pieces with an amazing cut that can last you a lifetime!
3 Tips for Wearing diamond rings as a single woman
Some of the tips for wearing diamond rings as a single woman include:
- Remember that the style of diamond rings matters
If you are planning to wear a diamond ring on your ring finger, you should always keep in mind that some styles of diamond rings that exist are inextricably linked to marriage and engagement.
A good example, in this case, is the popular solitaire diamond, which is designed for marriage proposals. While single women can still wear solitaire diamond rings, you may want to avoid doing so because it will certainly raise eyebrows.
- Wear the diamond ring on your left hand or any other finger aside from your ring finger
In general, the greatest bone of contention among single women wearing diamond rings is in the finger, which they choose to wear the ring and sometimes, the hand which they choose to wear the ring.
A wide variety of diamond rings exist in the jewelry world today. These rings will easily mark you single unless worn on the ring finger. To avoid questions about your relationship status and any misunderstandings, consider wearing the ring on a different finger and perhaps, even on your right hand.
- Remember to confidently own your choice of wearing a diamond ring
Many women tend to invest in and wear diamond rings as symbols of luxury and independence. Also, some women wear them on their right hands as a reminder of their personal successes.
Others wear diamond rings to celebrate their single life. Whatever the reasons for wearing a diamond ring, every woman should wear it confidently.
Despite the multiple controversies that come with single women wearing diamond rings, it is clear that this will forever remain a matter of personal preference and self-expression and not one of the societal expectations.
Regardless of general societal opinion, every single woman should feel confident in investing in a diamond ring of their choice. Also, they should feel happy whenever they wear their diamond rings.
Want to read more information? Read here or here!
Stephanie is a jewelry lover when she was a teenager. Her major was fashion design when she was in college. She is a jewelry designer at SOQ Jewelry and other design companies. Now she is also a writer for our website. She writes a lot of designs&brands posts with very actionable tips.