Gold has and will always be a coveted precious metal. From its usage in building palaces during ancient times to it currently a worthwhile investment, gold continues to hold value even after centuries. It is this very nature that makes gold have spiritual meaning, well beyond its physical beauty.
What is the spiritual significance of a gold necklace? Let’s explore a collection of meaning from individuals, groups, and cultures.
Spiritual meaning of the gold necklace
Before exploring different viewpoints about a gold necklace, it is vital to point out a group of people exist that hold no meaning to gold chains, whether an actual one or in your dreams. It is merely jewelry admired for its appearance and worth and nothing more. Therefore, you’ll likely come across those that hold this belief; you could be the one with this same view. However, it is essential to see both sides of the coin and even have discourse on the same.
Now to the spiritual meaning of gold necklaces:
1. While gold is a symbol of wealth and status, it equally plays a role in one’s life in general. The general understanding is gold does have the spiritual capability to bring happiness, peace, and stability to those who wear it. It continues attracting what you’ve managed to manifest in your life and keep you wealthy and content.
2. There is a belief in that wearing gold jewelry wards off black energy from entering one’s body and wreaking havoc on one’s spirit. When your jewelry is on, it protects you from negative energy while simultaneously bringing about spiritual healing. In this state, you can tap into divine consciousness that runs within your body.
3. Gold relates to all planets in astrology, but primarily with the planet Jupiter. In astrological terms, the earth represents healing, growth, expansion, good fortune, and miracles. In the same sphere, gold jewelry protects one during long-distance travel, business and wealth, and promotes excellence in education, law, and religion.
4. There’s a running relationship between love and gold in some circles. It’s said to indicate that your desires for love will get fulfilled, along with providing the energy to transform a relationship into a beautiful adventure. The ring is often associated with this belief; consider adding a gold ring pendant to your gold necklace.
5. During times of sadness, the recommendation is to wear gold jewelry. The healing properties of gold will help you deal with what’s going on within you in a healthy and empowering way. It removes any clogs that you might have and thus restoring you to happiness.
6. Dreaming about a golden necklace could symbolize worries in your life. It could be that you don’t trust people in your life. If you see a chain but aren’t able to touch it, it could indicate that good things are within your sight but out of reach or that fortune always passes you by, which is at the very least frustrating. Consider what’s missing in your life and work on said areas.
7. The other alternative interpretation of dreaming about gold is if you’re wearing it. In this instance, it means that you have elevated self-esteem, given that a gold necklace indicates that you’re not afraid to show people your wealth. It speaks to having a solid character, which ultimately leads to one thriving in their career. Wearing the necklaces in the dream could be an invitation to better things in your life if reality reveals otherwise.
8. Dreaming about gold, based on the circumstances around the dream, could mean love. It serves as a reminder to reach out to those you love, especially if you’ve been out of touch. If you’re gifting someone gold jewelry or vice versa, it indicates that you miss them, and they likewise. After the dream, reach out immediately to reconnect and not let the opportunity pass you by.
9. When you specifically dream of a gold chain, it indicates permanent bonds and connections you’ve made in various relationships. That could be with a partner, a close relative, or even friends. It is an invitation to strengthen the connection and to rekindle admirable aspects that died down. Alternatively, it could mean someone is coming into your future, and you’ll make said relationships with them.
10. Finding a gold necklace is another dream people have had. It is thought to be an invitation to new love. Soon, someone will come into your life that cares about you, and you’ll grow to love them. It could also mean that you’ll find that link with someone already in your life, and in due time, feel that you want them in your life forever.
11. A broken necklace in a dream, no matter what kind they are, signifies sadness, whether current or impending. It is often a result of breaking up with friends and other significant people in your life. However, it is not all bad; a break-up is a result of broken trust or being with someone you don’t fit with. Keeping such people around for much longer will be detrimental to you.
12. Losing a necklace in your dream is a bad omen. It means that you’ll lose something of value due to difficult financial times or otherwise. Even though things don’t appear so in your waking life, consider creating a safety net to offset the potential loss in your future. Essentially, don’t make any financially significant choices and invest a large amount of money. Instead, wait patiently to see what the warning is.
13. Gold has long been a metal reserved for religious purposes, from building temples and committing the same for ceremonial items. The precious metal is considered worthy of Gods or gods, and having the gold in your person shows that you are equally excellent. It ought to further encourage a person to aspire to a higher level of spirituality and getting close to a Higher Power. If gold is good enough for them, you ought to value yourself just as much.
14. Another view is looking at how nobles and rulers in the past used gold. In the Egyptian civilization and others, royals got buried with their gold and were encased in gold-layered tombs upon death. While you might not have the abundance of gold they had, remembering that royalty wore the same metal is enough to change your internal approach to how you see yourself. If you have low self-esteem, you can use the gold necklaces as a touchstone to remind you that you are royalty in your own right. When you take that spiritual stance, you’ll walk around life a whole lot differently.
The spiritual significance of wearing gold jewelry is both individual and a shared belief. Not all reasons are stated here, but it brings around more understanding of what gold means to certain people and cultures.
Viewing the precious metal as holding spiritual meaning is equally not far-fetched in modern times; ancient civilization and their use of gold is a telling example that not much has changed with how we regard it.
Overall, whether you believe there is any spiritual meaning attached to gold necklaces, we can all agree that it is indeed a beautiful metal and coveted for its value.
Guys, hope this post helps you! If You want to read more fashion jewelry topics, please visit this section or visit our homepage!
Stephanie is a jewelry lover when she was a teenager. Her major was fashion design when she was in college. She is a jewelry designer at SOQ Jewelry and other design companies. Now she is also a writer for our website. She writes a lot of designs&brands posts with very actionable tips.