What are ring snuggies and how does it work? If your ring no longer fits snuggly as it did and you hate the feeling of the ring feeling loose and spinning around the finger, but you don’t want to employ a permanent solution to the problem, you need a temporary, economical solution, and the ring snuggies would be the very best option for you.
The ring snuggies also come in handy when you cannot resize your ill-fitting ring. To learn more about the best of ring snuggies, keep reading!
What are ring Snuggies?
As the name suggests, the ring snuggies are instant, economical ring sizing solutions that ensure a snug fit regardless of the size of the finger. The snuggies are also suitable for persons who have more enlarged knuckles that allow for the ring snuggies to be applied or worn after you wear the ring.
Think of the ring snuggies as ring adjusters, which are a temporary solution for when your ring fits too big, but you still want to enjoy a nice fit on the ring without having to resize the ring permanently. The snuggies are a great and temporary solution that works for you well when you need a way to ensure a snug and more comfortable fit.
The snuggies also ensure a snug fit and will keep the ring from falling out. But how does it work?
Do ring snuggies work? Are ring snuggies good?
As mentioned above, the ring snuggies are a great, temporary solution to ensure that your loose-fitting ring doesn’t fall off. The ring snuggies may feel a little temporary, but they will always keep the ring secure.
All you need to do is to tie the ring snuggies on the ring, the same way the ring huggie or the ring snug works, reducing the size of the ring while ensuring a more comfortable fit.
For this reason, the ring snuggies are a great solution for you if you have large knuckles, hence the need for bigger rings, but also need the ring to fit well once it slides down. The snuggies will come in handy in making sure that the ring fits well because of the decreased size of the ring.
Since the ring snuggies come in different shapes and sizes, you are certain that the ring will always fit right, as long as you get the right size for the snuggies, well, and your finger plus the ring size.
How does a ring snuggie work?
The ring snuggies are meant to be applied just before or after you wear the ring, which is why the snuggies are suitable for persons with enlarged knuckles. The snuggies also work great when searching for a temporary solution to ensure a great fit for your rings. Just get the size of the snuggies right.
The snuggies also work the same way as the sizing beads, meaning that if you want to make the ring smaller but you don’t want to use the sizing beads, then the ring snuggies would be ideal for you.
Pros and cons of ring snuggies
- The ring huggies work great when trying to temporarily fix the ring if it’s too large.
- They work great
- The snuggies are a great affordable solution
- A temporary solution that works great
- An effective accessory that works well for bigger rings or persons with larger knuckles
- Only feel great when you keep it on for a short amount of time
- Not ideal for keeping on for too long or in the long term
- Some people find it uncomfortable
- It might feel a little uncomfortable and too thick for some people
- Not an ideal replacement for resizing the ring
Tips for using ring snuggies correctly
- Talk to a professional first– while it’s one of the top-recommended solutions for use when trying to ensure that the ring fits comfortably, you also need to make sure that you talk to your professional about the kind of ring adjuster that would work perfectly for you. Besides getting an accurate recommendation of what works best for you, you will also come across several other options that would work best. Also, it’s easier to get the ring snuggies in the right size when you involve a professional.
- Metallic or plastic options for snuggies– the metallic and the plastic ring adjusters or ring snuggies work great, but most of the time, the plastic ring snuggies work great, with the ones made of silicone offering a more comfortable fit. But for a more permanent solution, you may opt for the metallic ring snuggies. But before you buy the snuggies, you need to make sure that the size is right and the adjuster fits comfortably and more securely.
- Buy snuggies in bulk– though you may want to buy a few ring snuggies for temporary use, you should look for the sellers that offer snuggies in bulk. The silicone snuggies often work great, but they loosen after some time, meaning you’d have to replace the snuggies after some time.
- Replace the snuggies after some time– the ring snuggies are not easy to clean, and despite becoming loose after some time, you don’t want to struggle with loose and dirty ring snuggies. So, you may want to buy a few more snuggies as replacements after some time.
Ring snuggies are great, but they are also a great and temporary solution that ensures a great fit when your ring fits too loose under the knuckles or if the ring is just too big, but you are not ready to resize the ring.
The only catch is that some of the ring snuggies tend to cause irritation of the finger, so it’s only ideal as a temporary solution to give your ring a more snug fit.
Read more fashion jewelry topics here or here!
Stephanie is a jewelry lover when she was a teenager. Her major was fashion design when she was in college. She is a jewelry designer at SOQ Jewelry and other design companies. Now she is also a writer for our website. She writes a lot of designs&brands posts with very actionable tips.