Looking for a wedding ring or any other kind of jewelry, and you know that you would like to buy something unique that matches your unique personality, but you just can’t seem to pick one of the many options available because they all look so good?
Well, maybe your search for that ring shouldn’t be as hard as you make it out to be. All you should think of doing is to settle on one kind of metal finish, and we recommend going for something different.
We are talking about the mixed metal finish. This is not the kind of metal finish that everyone goes for, but its uniqueness could be exactly what you need to try out.
In this article, we’ll talk more about mixed metal finish jewelry. So, keep reading for more insights.
Mixed metal finishes meaning.
A mixed metal finish, as the name suggests, can be defined as the metal finish that results from the use of two or more metals. The finish often results in two-tone pieces of jewelry, and the pieces appear to take on different metallic phases.
The metals mixed to create the mixed-metal finish are often the metals that have been proven to ‘go well’ together,
What is mixed metal finish jewelry?
Essentially, the mixed metal finish jewelry can be defined as jewelry that is made of two metals that look different but blend well with each other. In most cases, the mixed metal finish jewelry options are quite bold, and you need to have that extra or confident edge to pull off the look.
So, while the idea of wearing rose gold or yellow gold and silver or platinum jewelry was frowned upon in the past, it’s now one of those things that anyone can pull off with ease but also in the boldest of ways. With this jewelry finish style, the different metals are mixed and blended into one piece of jewelry, meaning you’d end up with a necklace whose pendant is made of two different metals in different parts, allowing the parts to stand out individually, but as one standalone piece.
You could also have a nameplate incorporated into the sterling silver chain so that you have one continuous chain. It may also have gold charms incorporated. In other words, the idea behind the mixed metal finish jewelry is essentially the same as the creation of two-toned pieces of jewelry.
The most important thing about this is that you only need to choose the colors and elements that balance well with each other and match your style and preferences.
With more and more people becoming bolder about the kinds of jewelry that they love to wear, where jewelry is more about self-expression, and there are no rules that guide the kinds of metals that you should wear and what should be avoided, it makes sense that the idea of the mixed metal finishes is now a trend and one we love.
Pros and cons of mixed metal finish jewelry
Why you should wear mixed metal finish jewelry
- There are no hard rules in the fashion world, and this is a style that more people are embracing.
- It is trendy
- The mixed metal finish option is easy to pull off since you only choose what works for your style and personality/ preferences.
- It’s a bold style that cuts across generations.
- Mixing metals is a style that makes you feel happier and much more confident.
- There are endless options when it comes to all the possible metal combinations that you could try out.
- The unique pieces created offer the best possible portrayal of one’s personality.
- It allows for the best kinds of personalization and customization of pieces.
- It makes it possible for you to creatively recreate old and beloved pieces of jewelry.
- Unique designs of jewelry created and the design varieties out there are unbelievable and perfect for everyone looking for something new and different.
- Contrary to popular beliefs, two-tone jewelry is not ugly
- It works great for watches, too, with stainless steel and gold being the perfect combinations.
- It’s a more eco-friendly solution that involves the use of metal parts that may not have found use otherwise.
- The design and overall appearance of the two-toned or mixed metal finish jewelry will be enhanced by gemstones like diamonds, and there are great design options to choose from
Why mixing metals might not be for you.
- The customization for some of the rings and jewelry is quite lengthy and specialized, and the whole process is sometimes very expensive.
- The jewelry style doesn’t work for everyone as well
- The specialization needed for the creation of some of these pieces of mixed metal jewelry makes repairs or resizing expensive and, in other cases, impossible.
Can you wear Mixed Metal Jewelry?
Anyone looking for uniquely designed jewelry, whether in the form of rings, bangles, watch, necklaces, or any other kind of jewelry, can wear this kind of jewelry. Most of the time, however, this kind of jewelry is ideal for confident individuals and people who don’t mind standing out.
It’s also an ideal jewelry style for fashion loves, specifically, individuals not afraid to break the old fashion rules.
Tips for wearing mixed metal finish jewelry
This is the most important rule to keep in mind when choosing the mixed metal finish look for your jewelry.
Balance is important not just in terms of the colors of the metals of choice but also in terms of the number of jewelry pieces that you wear.
In other words, avoid wearing a single gold piece against many silver pieces. The gold will stick out like a sore thumb, and you will not look as great or cool as you’d hoped.
Keep an even number and the sizes balanced for a more beautiful look.
Choose one area to accessorize the mixed metal look from
Instead of mixing metals for different kinds of jewelry, think of the mixed metal look for one type of jewelry.
This will not only create balance but also allow you to stand out and still look stylish; despite going for a look, very few people have the confidence to try.
Don’t be afraid to go all-in
Even while working on creating a balanced look, you shouldn’t be afraid to jump in with different bold pieces.
You’ve already made the bold step of breaking the fashion rules, so go all out with that delicate bangle made of silver and combine with other gold and silver bracelets.
Try different designs
As mentioned above, the ultimate beauty of this jewelry style lies in the fact that this style of jewelry allows for some of the best and unique styles and designs of jewelry, and you get to take your time to look for the jewelry pieces that look great in you.
If you are looking for a ring, for example, you could opt for the handcrafted designs of the unique pieces of mixed metal jewelry made by the small jewelers around town.
All you need is patience. And don’t be afraid to experiment.
If you are willing to jump off the edge and away from the boring and expected kinds of jewelry, you will find yourself in the world of mixed metal finish jewelry which often has too many options for you to choose from.
Read more jewelry metal posts here or here!
Tiger is a fashion&jewelry lover. He is also a fashion jewelry manufacturer that help thousands of small business to grow and also do business with some big fashion jewelry brands. He is a truly metal expert and he will share some information you are looking for.