We have all experienced the sinking feeling that comes with losing important parts of our jewelry items, such as pendants and the frustration that comes with losing sentimental jewelry pieces.
If you are lucky, you can find them again but there are other times when you may never find them again. Whatever the case, searching for lost jewelry items or trying to replace them is quite time consuming and can be very costly.
That said, it is important to acquaint yourself with some of the simple tricks that you can use to avoid losing your favorite and most sentimental jewelry pieces. One of these tricks involves using a safety chain to keep your favorite jewelry safe while wearing it.
What is a Pandora Safety Chain?
When you put a lot of time and money into finding or creating the perfect Pandora bracelet, the last thing you would want is to find yourself in a situation where you have lost that perfect piece. This is the main reason why you should consider investing in a Pandora safety chain.
Pandora safety chains, which are available in a wide variety of metals to complement the charms and bracelets in your jewelry collection, have been designed to secure your charm bracelets from accidental damage.
With these safety chains, you won’t have to worry about losing your favorite jewelry pieces or breaking the clasp on your necklace or bracelet.
Along with that, the Pandora safety chains prevent your bracelets from slipping off your wrist unexpectedly, which significantly prevents you from losing your jewelry items. Also, they tend to hold both ends of your bracelet or necklace together, which makes it easier to wear them.
Pandora Safety Chain – How does it work?
Pandora offers two types of safety chains – the ones that clip on and the ones that screw on. These safety chains are to be attached on either side of the clasps of your bracelet or necklace.
The whole idea is that, if the bracelet/necklace clasp begins to fail, the safety chain prevents the bracelet from slipping off your wrist and your necklace from falling off your necklace.
So, how does it work? The swivel end of the Pandora safety chain (screw on) allows the chain to twist up without getting tangled in the process.
Whenever you out the swivel first, the other end seamlessly attaches to the bracelet. Along with that, the safety chain keeps both ends near the clasp intact and ensures that the charms remain in the same position in your bracelet.
The end that does not have the swivel can also move seamlessly without having to disturb the side with the swivel.
The clip on chain, on the other hand, does not cover the end threads on your chain or bracelet. Instead, it takes the place of two charms, and you can easily attach it to any position on your bracelet. Further, you can use it to stabilize the chain on your wrist when you are closing or opening the bracelet clasp.
Also, it significantly stops charms from unwinding themselves off. Sometimes, however, the twist on chain tends to unwind from the threads if your bracelet isn’t full, so some people prefer to add a silicone ring next to them so that they can move less.
Do Pandora Safety Chains fit all bracelets?
Generally, Pandora safety chains have been designed for use on bangle bracelets of all types and sizes. We understand that different regions offer a different selection of safety chain lengths.
In that case, the overall length of the safety chain is very important when purchasing a safety chain. If it is too short, it may be difficult to seamlessly roll your bracelet over your hand and put it on.
If it is too long, on the other hand, it may not fit right. If you live in the UK, you can find safety chains with a length from 4-7cm, which is ideal for most wrist sizes. However, you should always check with your local retailers for available Pandora safety chain lengths.
Why Pandora safety chain clip or screw?
Clip on and Screw-on safety chains have several benefits. The main advantage of having Clip-on Pandora safety chains is that you don’t really have to take off all your charms to attach the first end of it.
All you need to do is to clip it straight on the chain. Also, the clip-on chains sit on either side of the threads right next to the clasp. This means that they do not fit over the clasp, instead they take up about two charms from your bracelet structure.
For this reason, most people prefer the screw-on safety chain. The main advantage of the screw-on safety chains sit nicely on the two threads, significantly hides them, and does not take up any room on the bracelets.
So, with this type of safety chains you do not have to sacrifice the charms on your bracelet and you get maximum safety and comfort from your bracelet.
Pros and cons of Pandora safety chain
- They secure your bracelet from accidental damages, so you don’t have to worry much about losing sentimental jewelry pieces or breaking the clasp on your bracelet
- They prevent your bracelets from slipping off your wrist unexpectedly, which significantly prevents you from losing your jewelry items
- They tend to hold both ends of your bracelet or necklace together, which makes it easier to wear them
- If you are using the clip on Pandora Safety chains, you may have to sacrifice about 2 charms from your bracelet to create space for the safety chain.
How to put on Pandora safety chain
Pandora safety chains are appreciated as a great support mechanism to keep all the charms on your bracelet intact and ensure that your bracelet fits perfectly on your wrist. So, how do you put it on?
- Locate the end of the safety chain that has a rotating hinge attached to it. This is the end that you will thread onto your bracelet first.
- Once your bracelet is open successfully, go ahead and position the Pandora safety chain onto the end of the bracelet where the thread is easily visible.
- Once done, slowly twist the safety chain on the bracelet and slightly past the threaded end. Once the threading has started well, the safety chain will remain intact and will not slide off. Keep on threading the Pandora safety chain until it reaches the other two threaded markers.
- As you keep threading, you will eventually get to the last threaded node. At this point, you need to slowly threat the Pandora Safety chain until it can’t go any closer to the clasp on your bracelet. Once done, attach the second end of the safety chain directly onto the end of the bracelet. This twist on should be similar to the hinged end.
- Place the end of the bracelet into the clasp then close it up firmly. At this point, your charms and bracelet should be as safe and secure as possible and will not slip off your wrist.
How to use Pandora safety chain correctly
Aside from raising the aesthetic fabric of your bracelet and preventing the accidental loss of your beads and charms, Pandora safety chains are a great investment for your jewelry collection.
If you want to get the most out of your Pandora safety chain, you should know how to use it correctly. So, how do you do this? To put on the Pandora Safety Chain correctly, you need to put it on your bracelet’s swivel-end first, and then everything else can follow.
Jewelry safety chains are an important element of jewelry creation and they help you add the perfect finishing touch to your timely pieces.
Besides that, you do not have to worry about losing your favorite jewelry pieces once you attach a safety chain on them.
Tiger is a fashion&jewelry lover. He is also a fashion jewelry manufacturer that help thousands of small business to grow and also do business with some big fashion jewelry brands. He is a truly metal expert and he will share some information you are looking for.