Choosing the right size for your Cartier love bracelet is important because you want to ensure the right fit for the bracelet.
After all, the love bracelet doesn’t come cheap, and this means that you don’t want the love bracelet to come in the wrong size.
So, which size is the perfect one for you, the size 17 or 18?
What is the weight of Cartier love bracelet size 17?
A size 17 Cartier love bracelet has a gross weight of 31.40grams. This bracelet is essentially an 18k yellow gold Cartier bracelet from Cartier’s Love collection.
This bracelet features the iconic screw motif, displayed all around the bracelet’s outer edge. The bracelet would also sport the old-style love bracelet screw fitting.
What is the weight of Cartier love bracelet size 18?
If you have a 4mm, 18k yellow gold love bracelet, you should know it weighs a little more than the size 17 bracelet at 32.4 grams.
The 18K 4mm white gold love bracelet, on the other hand, is lighter, and it weighs 21.19grams in gross weight.
Cartier love bracelet size 17 or 18?
So, which is the ideal size of your love bracelet?
Well, the correct bracelet size for you will depend on the size of your wrist. If your wrist measures 15.5cm, you’d want to go for the size 17 love bracelet; this also applies if your wrist is 16cm.
And a wrist size of 17cm or 16.5cm, then you’d need a size 18 love bracelet.
The rule of thumb when it comes to choosing the right love bracelet size is as follows:
To avoid a bracelet that fits too loose, you would have to add 1cm or 1.5cm to the wrist size, translating to the size of the love bracelet you should choose.
If you want to avoid a very loose fit for your love bracelet, you should avoid the temptation to add 2cm to the wrist size, well, unless you prefer a very loose fit for your bracelets.
Also, it would help if you didn’t underestimate how big of a difference in the bracelet size a 0.5cm difference in size would make. This makes the difference between the size 17 and 18 love bracelets in most cases.
Adding 2cm to your wrist would mean a size 18 bracelet, while a 1.5cm addition would be a size 17 bracelet. Therefore, always take this difference into account for the correct bracelet size.
You guys also can read this post: A Detailed Guide On How Should Cartier Love Bracelet Fit. You can learn more tips and advice!
Tips for choosing the size of a Cartier love bracelet?
- Take the correct measurement for your wrist.
- The first thing you need to do for the right size of your Cartier love bracelet takes your wrist measurements. This is important because the bracelet needs to offer a comfortably tight fit, but it shouldn’t be too tight that it presses on your skin too tightly. You also need to remember that you should measure your wrist size around the wrist bone when taking the wrist measurements because this is the highest point of the wrist.
- And after you have taken the wrist measurement, ensure that the number is aligned with the arrow. If the measurement is between two sizes, go with the larger size.
- Once you have the wrist size taken down, add 1cm or 1.5cm to the measurement for a perfectly comfortable fit.
- Use the size of another bracelet at home to determine the exact size that your Cartier bracelet should be. Depending on the fit of the bracelet you already own, you may want to add one more centimeter to the measurement to account for the added features of the Love Bracelet.
- You should add 2cm to the bracelet or wrist size for a looser fit on your love bracelet. Nothing more than 2cm because you wouldn’t want the bracelet to fall off your hands.
- Use Cartier’s Love Bracelet standard sizing – this is important because it ensures a higher degree of accuracy for the bracelet size. You will only need to use your wrist size and match it to the sizes on the sizing chart with the chart. Once again, you’d want to add a centimeter for extra comfort.
Though close, the size 17 and 18 bracelets have different fits.
You should always account for even the smallest size differences in the bracelets – even a 0.5cm difference is rather significant, and you should always consider it.
Read more topics here or here!
Stephanie is a jewelry lover when she was a teenager. Her major was fashion design when she was in college. She is a jewelry designer at SOQ Jewelry and other design companies. Now she is also a writer for our website. She writes a lot of designs&brands posts with very actionable tips.