Don’t we all wish we could wear our favorite accessories everywhere, including when going through airport security?
If you have a Cartier Love bracelet, you may be wondering if you can keep the bracelet on when going through airport security because of the design of the bracelet.
Well, we’ll take you through this and help you determine what to do with your love bracelet and if you’d be allowed to keep it on through the security check.
Problem with Cartier love bracelet at the airport security
The problem with the metallic bracelets or even necklaces is that the accessories that are made of large metallic pieces wouldn’t be safe for you to keep on when going through airport security because these metallic pieces would set off the metallic detector.
But this is not the only problem you would have been dealing with where the bracelet is concerned. There is also the fact that the design of the Cartier Love bracelet makes it a bit of a challenge. Essentially, the only way for you to remove the Cartier love bracelet is by using a screwdriver, and so, removing the bracelet at the airport might be a bit of a challenge.
Therefore, you should consider removing the bracelet and leaving it back at home to save you time when going through airport security. Also, if you must have the bracelet on during the flight, you should keep the bracelet in the jewelry box and wear it only after screening. This also means that you will avoid being patted down.
Can you wear bracelets through airport security?
For the most part, you could wear your jewelry through airport security. This is often the case because the jewelry made of gold, sterling silver, platinum, and other forms of fine jewelry hardly ever causes/raises the alarm.
So, you could easily wear your bracelets through airport security. Keep in mind that the reason why gold and silver jewelry, among other kinds of precious metals, don’t have any magnetism, and they will not set off alarms.
But you should be worried about alarms if you have on cheap costume jewelry because this kind of jewelry often contains metals like iron that would set off the alarms.
However, if you are wearing heavy jewelry, you should know that this may trigger the alarms and mean extra time with airport security. So, if you must wear multiple pieces, we recommend wearing them after passing through security.
Can you wear a Cartier love bracelet through airport security?
Well, it depends. There are cases where you can pass through airport security with your bracelet on, but in several other cases, you actually should remove the bracelet as you go through airport security.
Overall, Cartier Love bracelets are harder to maneuver when you’re wanded down, and you be better off with the cuff style bracelet. Since there is always a possibility of the Cartier Love Bracelet setting off the alarm, consider leaving it at home or in your bag.
Tips for wearing your Cartier love bracelet through airport security
If you must wear your Cartier Love bracelet through airport security or if you are considering it, here are some of the considerations you need to keep in mind
- Remove the Cartier love ring at home if you are worried about the airport security being all up in your business or forcing you to take it down
- If you get to airport security and they ask you to remove it, you may have to carefully explain to them the complexity in the design of the bracelet. This works sometimes, but it is not a guarantee.
- Wear the bracelet only after passing through airport security if you must travel with it. This prevents issues with security, and it also saves everyone time.
- Make sure that your Love bracelet is made of the best quality materials, preferably precious metals like gold. The bracelets made of precious metals like solid gold will have no magnetic properties, and this would mean that they will not set off the alarms. But keep an open mind because even then, your 18k gold love ring would set off the alarms.
- Opt for the cuff-style bracelets over the ones that have to be screwed on. The cuff bracelet is a lot easier to remove and put back on when going through airport security. Also, the design of the cuff bracelet often means that it will not set off any alarms.
- Wear a few pieces of jewelry at a time. If you do this, you will easily get away with wearing not just the love bracelet but also earrings, a ring, a watch, or a small bracelet.
You may be lucky, and the airport security may let you go through security with the love bracelet if you explain how it works and the complexity around taking it off. But to be safe, take it off at home to avoid issues with airport security.
Tiger is a fashion&jewelry lover. He is also a fashion jewelry manufacturer that help thousands of small business to grow and also do business with some big fashion jewelry brands. He is a truly metal expert and he will share some information you are looking for.