Turquoise represents one of the world’s finest, most beautiful, and most meaningful types of gemstones today.
It’s not new, though, and it has been part of the world’s most ancient civilizations, where the bracelets adorned with turquoise were worn for religious reasons and just because of their natural beauty.
But there is a lot more that you may not know about turquoise bracelets and turquoise gemstones. So, what’s the significance of turquoise?
Facts about the turquoise bracelet
1. Did you know that turquoise is one of the oldest gemstones in the world or that it is Tibet’s national gem? Turquoise was an important gemstone that, according to the Ancient Tibetans, brought them good luck and also saved them from evil.
One of the most recent discoveries proves this fact, showing that archeologists uncovered carved pieces made of turquoise from China at least 3000 years ago.
Turquoise was also one of the most popular gemstones across Ancient Egypt, where rulers wore vibrant blue gemstone pieces as jewelry, primarily for decorative reasons.
2. The other thing you may not know about turquoise is that turquoise is the only gemstone whose named after its official color. And so, thanks to its vibrant color and visual appeal, turquoise was ordained its official name.
As a result, you can easily recognize this very versatile and beautiful gem. Turquoise gets its name from the French term, Turquois, which translates to Turkish; named after Turkey because it is believed that even though this gemstone was first discovered in Iran, it made its way to Europe through Turkey, hence the name Turquoise for the bluish-green gemstone – the name has been used since the 13th century.
3. Despite several types of turquoise, Tibetan Turquoise that the Tibetan miners initially discovered features a greenish color and is one of the most famous and desirable gemstone types.
Note that the turquoise mined from the Egyptian and Persian mines tend to be significantly bluer, and they also have less obvious veining on the surfaces when shaped and cut for use in jewelry.
Note that this variation in color and the veining come about because of varying levels of metals like aluminum and copper in the water flowing through the rocks in the mines.
4. The Nepalese and Tibetan people refer to turquoise as the ‘Sky Stone, ‘ which is revered because they believe that this stone came to them from the above heavens.
They also believe that the bright blue-green color of Turquoise offers protection to anyone that carries turquoise stones on them – this is also the reason why the Tibetan kids are often gifted this gemstone early in life because it was believed that the stone would protect and keep them safe throughout life’s many challenges.
5. You should also know that Turquoise changes color when wearing it, which is believed to happen if you face an impending danger.
The color change notwithstanding, this stone is also believed to protect the person wearing it and would also change your life.
6. The other unique thing about Turquoise is that this gem is only found in the dry and barren areas of the world thanks to the fact that turquoise is only formed in very specific environmental conditions, specifically, dry, barren land.
Its formation starts when the copper-rich, acidic water seeps through the barren ground.
As it flows, the water interacts with different minerals, often aluminum and phosphorus, and Turquoise results. Some of the areas with the best turquoise gems include China, Afghanistan, Chile, Mexico, Brazil, the United States, and Australia.
7. The Pharaohs and people of Ancient Egypt considered it a holy stone, and they held it in very high regard, which is why the iconic mask that Pharaoh Tutankhamun was buried in was made of a significant amount of Turquoise.
15 Little Known Benefits Of Wearing Turquoise Bracelet
1. Astrological healing powers
If you believe in astrology, you should know that Turquoise crystals are the planet Jupiter’s gemstone and the zodiac sign for Sagittarius.
So, it’s believed to be the ideal gemstone for individuals born in December, and to activate its healing powers; you’d need first to energize it.
Once activated, turquoise crystals worn on Friday will make you look great and balance your body’s chakras.
2. It protects from accidents
For the longest time, turquoise has been regarded as the most powerful gemstone, and it is a replacement stone for yellow sapphire. Both are believed to protect the wearer from violent accidents.
Turquoise is also regarded as a death-defying gemstone that protects from deadly, untimely accidents and all other forms of violence.
3. Clears negativity from spaces
Wearing turquoise will also remove any and all negativity because it absorbs negativity from the surroundings, which not only calms down the mind but also prevents and gets rid of all the negative, ill effects that the planet Jupiter may cause.
It was also believed to protect the native wearers from evil eyes. And overall, wearers going through a depressive episode and feeling hopeless may also benefit from wearing turquoise crystals.
4. Improved communication skills
Turquoise may also improve your communication ability by making it easy for you to communicate your actual feelings, especially if you are sad or a loner.
Wearing turquoise set in a locket or a ring means that Jupiter sets kind eyes on the native wearers, hence a higher level of confidence in thought expression.
In other words, the stone helps you get clarity and gain wisdom and counters restlessness. So, the crystal is ideal for artistic individuals like creative writers, actors, painters, and journalists.
5. Improvement in the quality of your married life
Since they make for open communication lines, couples wearing this stone can express themselves well, so there are no more barriers to communication.
Some ways in which turquoise helps keep marriages run smoothly include making sure that the wearers are peaceful and don’t need to pacify the situations through anger, hence an overall reduction in conflict.
Wearing the crystals makes wearers less temperamental and increases partners’ loyalty to each other while reducing chances of extramarital affairs, hence happier marriages.
6. Overall health improvement
When turquoise is energized properly and activated, this gemstone is believed to enhance the wearer’s overall health. Some of its health benefits include:
Treatment and management of anxiety, stress, and depression. Its ability to improve the wearer’s mental health comes from its waterlike properties; these crystals will help you find that much-needed peace and quiet. This will translate to stress reduction, and the crystals will also get rid of all lingering negative or bad energies.
I. It improves the wearer’s immune function, meaning that you won’t fall ill frequently.
II. It also treats heart conditions, including high blood pressure
7. It improves meditation
Thanks to its calming and therapeutic effects, turquoise will improve your daily meditation experiences and make you more quiet and serene.
You could also access the earth’s energy wearing the stone, and it will allow you access to therapeutic vibrations, restorative energies, and healing.
8. Source of healing and renewal
Since turquoise taps into water’s energy, its interaction with the element of life will bring you renewal and vigor, all through its blue tones, and thanks to this crystal, you can channel the energy to achieve your goals.
Other benefits include:
9. Healing asthma, viral infections, gout, gastrointestinal disorders, and rheumatism
10. It relieves tension and anxiety
11. It brings success and wealth
12. Improves decision-making and critical thinking
13. Releases fatigue
14. Purifies the lungs
15. Eases cramps and other forms of pain
So, there you have it – turquoise is breathtakingly stunning and iconic, and it improves the wearer’s mental and physical well-being, so it may be time for you to get more authentic turquoise bracelets.
Tiger is a fashion&jewelry lover. He is also a fashion jewelry manufacturer that help thousands of small business to grow and also do business with some big fashion jewelry brands. He is a truly metal expert and he will share some information you are looking for.