If you are reading this, it’s highly likely that you have been seeing an increasing number of individuals wearing gold snake rings, or you could be interested in getting one such ring, but before you do, you just want to know that you are not just a part of a fad.
Perhaps you just feel drawn to the gold snake ring, or you are curious. Whatever your reasons, this article shares insights into the gold snake rings and what you should know before you get yourself the gold snake ring. So, let’s get started!
About snake rings
While none of us would want to be in close vicinity to a snake, gold snake rings appear to be a very popular choice for women today. And even if you are not that much into yoga and yogic beliefs, you may be drawn to the gold snake ring. Well, that would have to do with the strong beliefs that are entrenched in this design of gold snake rings and what they believe. Archeologically, snake rings are quite cherished – not just because they are made of precious metals but also because they carry a great symbolic significance in many cultures.
A record of the first evidence that shows the use and reverence to snake rings dates back to the 70 and the 80,000-year-old snake-shaped ring that was discovered in the hills of Botswana – The Mountain of the Gods.
But there are numerous other accounts of snake rings (rather snake-like jewelry) that point to the importance of snakes in most cultures.
For the most part, a majority of the symbolism around snakes and snake rings point to a moving snake caught in the light, with the snake’s head accented in gemstones set in plain metal designs.
One of the most popular variants of the snake rings is believed to have been crafted and developed from the idea of mythical creatures known as the Ouroboros.
It is believed that the design of these mythical creatures featured the snake eating its own tail, and this way, created this eternal look that’s been long a symbol of time and life.
The other styles of the ring would include the serpent winding around the finger of the wearer, and in other cases, it featured double serpents for the ring.
So, what do snake rings mean?
Well, the ring’s circle is a symbol and a representation of wholeness and of perfection. Therefore, the ring is a symbol of eternal love, a love that lasts for centuries, especially in Christian marriage ceremonies. The snake rings are also believed to add some symbolism to the ring’s cycle, but it also bears great significance across multiple cultures.
Take Greek mythology, for example, where the snake rings were worn all in honor of the Greek god of healing called Asclepius, the god that Zeus struck down because Zeus feared Asclepius would transform all mankind into immortals. Today, the snake on the ring still holds this symbol in Medicine.
And in Ancient Greece as well as Ancient Rome, the snake was considered a symbol of rebirth and regeneration thanks to the skin-shedding of the snakes.
Beyond these, the snake symbols would also appear as symbols in different artifacts across most religions, including Hinduism and Christianity, not to mention in Norse, Aztec, and Chinese civilizations.
Is it good to wear a snake ring?
According to the sacred beliefs around gold, as it was established in ancient China, India, and Persia civilizations, wearing the gold snake ring is important because gold is believed to open the crown chakra, helping the wearer in all areas of their lives. The gold ring is also believed to carry protective powers, and it will bring the wearer peace, happiness, or stability.
7 benefits of wearing gold snake ring
- Snake rings symbolize, and they are a gesture of good health, good health, and good love, or a loving partner.
- The ring is also said to be a protective charm that represents your union as a couple and a never-ending, eternal love just for the two of you.
- If you believe in and honor Greek mythology, the serpent or snake ring is believed to be the best way of honoring the Greek god Asclepius.
- The ring’s cycle is a representation of perfection and wholeness.
- Inspired by the Milky Way and the ancient writing, the ring is believed to be a description of the serpent that lives among the heavens.
- According to the Aztecs and the Mayans, the gold snake ring is an ode to their snake gods, which they worshipped and believed to represent protection and knowledge. In Greek mythology, this belief is reinforced, especially because the snake is believed to be the symbol of wisdom.
- The snake ring also represents perfection.
Benefits of wearing silver snake ring
- The main benefits of wearing a silver snake ring on your left hand, with the snake facing upwards is that the ring is believed to help stabilize your body.
- The ring could also change your luck, bringing good to your life
- It enhances your mental peace. It calms the mind and increases your attention
The gold snake ring is quite symbolic across cultures and human civilizations, and the gold snake ring is a powerful symbol that you may be a part of if you are thinking about getting yourself one of these beautiful rings.
Read more relevant information here or here!
Stephanie is a jewelry lover when she was a teenager. Her major was fashion design when she was in college. She is a jewelry designer at SOQ Jewelry and other design companies. Now she is also a writer for our website. She writes a lot of designs&brands posts with very actionable tips.